edi – Data exchange platform for quick and secure processing of mass data
When analogue processes meet a digital world, the result is intelligent logistics.
To ensure that there is a frictionless, time-saving, and reliable information flow along your supply chain for your complex IT-based logistics processes, DACHSER operates its own EDI-Center. EDI (electronic data interchange) controls and monitors the exchange of your incoming and outgoing data to and from all connected systems. Standardised and customised interfaces permit fast and uncomplicated integration.
Benefits for you:
- Avoid errors and save time: standardised and automated work steps precisely control your logistics processes
- Security and availability of data: standardised and customised interfaces permit the fast and uncomplicated integration of your business processes and the exchange of all relevant information and data
- Connectivity: through EDI, you are connected directly to our transport and warehouse systems
- Integration: the EDI platform enables you to optimise the structure and design of your business processes.
In addition, we offer you:
- Over 970 IT professionals globally.
- A central 24/7 hotline
- Virus protection and anti-spam filters for all applications
- Maximum fail-proof security and contingency planning for all systems
- Confidentiality regulations for all IT users worldwide
- Permanent improvement of our systems and development of IT innovations
Focus on quality management
- The DACHSER network: The high-performance logistics infrastructure of the worldwide network combined with intelligent IT enable the fast and efficient execution of a wide variety of logistics challenges.
- Intelligent traffic routing: As a learning organisation, we adapt all new technological developments to optimise the supply chain in real-time and quickly translate innovations into real-time operation—benefiting you.
- Excellent personnel: We constantly invest in the education and training of our employees to maintain our high level of logistics performance.
In case of questions, please get in contact with your local contact person at DACHSER.
Properly placed - Storage space at DACHSER
Do you currently require storage capacity, or are you facing other logistical challenges? Benefit from a holistic, industry-specific concept that is tailored to your individual needs.
The intelligent combination of efficient warehousing, global transport networks and customer-specific value-added services in all stages of the supply chain results in a service portfolio that meets your requirements.
As one of the leading logistics service providers, we are represented in the most important procurement and sales markets. Our tightly woven network ensures rapid procurement and distribution far into the regions. Intercontinental connections are provided by DACHSER's global air and sea freight network.
Our globally uniform standards and innovative IT systems developed in-house ensure smooth interaction and reliable execution of all processes.
Integrated logistics solutions, global presence and many years of experience distinguish us as a strong logistics partner at your side.
Our local and national experts will be happy to provide you with further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optimise your logistics processes with IT systems from DACHSER
When analogue processes meet a digital world, the result is intelligent logistics.
The average fuel price according to the RHA survey for June was 101.94 pence per litre.
DACHSER focuses on more loading space
Successive conversion of semitrailers in the European Logistics business line optimises capacity utilisation and at the same time improves the climate footprint of transports.
Since April 2021, DACHSER has opted exclusively for so-called ‘mega trailers’ when purchasing new semi-trailers in Germany. Because of their more generous cargo space dimensions - with otherwise the same length and width - the mega trailers achieve better fuel economy than standard semi-trailers, especially over long distances. Full conversion of the German fleet is scheduled to be completed by 2027, with some 680 new mega trailers in total. In the next few years, DACHSER will also start replacing its fleets in the 24 other European countries where it is represented through its European Logistics business line.
The £/Euro exchange rate as at 30th June at 1700 hrs was 1.1648 EUR to the Pound.
Customer confidence strengthened: DACHSER is satisfied with the year´s results
DACHSER can look back on a successful 2020, which was characterised by the loyalty and climate of mutual trust between the logistics provider, its customers, and its transport partners. DACHSER’s consolidated net revenue totaled EUR 5.61 billion, a slight decrease of 0.9 percent compared to the previous year.
Chinese New Year: Impact on logistics
In 2021, Chinese New Year falls on February 12, it is the biggest festival in China where people celebrate the beginning of a new year with their families. The week-long national public holiday has consequences on global supply chains.
The following information provides an overview of some key facts of the festival and its possible impacts on logistics.
Dates and key facts
- February 12, 2021 marks the start of the Chinese New Year (the year of Ox).
- Chinese national holiday begins on February 11 and ends on February 17, meaning that most of the businesses, including DACHSER branches in China, will be closed and resumes on February 18.
- Factories and manufacturing sites used to be closed for a longer period of time. Production might pause already one week before Chinese New Year, some factories will only resume one month after.
- The long holiday allows workers in the city to travel back to their hometown for a family reunion, though it might not be the case this year due to the pandemic.
Impact on supply chain
- Extensive holidays in China can lead to delays to your shipments for up to one month.
- Due to the abovementioned closing period of manufacturing industries, there will be no productions from China for at least a week. Even though factories will be restarting gradually, operations will not resume to full swing immediately.
- Productions from other countries in Asia will also be impacted as some parts might come from China or the assembling processes are done there.
- Most shippers will stock up inventories that are sufficient to cover the Chinese New Year period, this leads to a pre-holiday cargo rush; it will also take some time after the festival to normalise the market conditions.
To avoid unnecessary price hikes and delays, it is strongly recommended to place bookings well in advance. At DACHSER, our logistics experts can help you to plan together. Feel free to discuss with us about your needs and we can work out the best to maintain your supply chain uninterrupted throughout the Chinese New Year.
DACHSER organises vaccine logistics in Berlin
With Covid-19 vaccinations starting in Germany, DACHSER is stepping up to organise vaccine logistics in the German capital on behalf of the Berlin Senate.
Brexit deal agreed - customs administration from 01.01.2021
On 24.12.2020, an agreement on future cooperation and trade was reached between the EU and the UK.
An essential point is that between EU and UK for goods deliveries from both areas no customs duties are to be levied. However, this does not mean that the administrative "customs clearance" will be eliminated. This means that all documents and customs relevant information must be submitted by the customer in advance and only after the shipment has been released by the customs team of DACHSER, the shipment can be accepted for dispatch.
Please note that from 01.01.2021 this applies to all shipments between the EU and UK, only shipments from the EU to Northern Ireland are excluded. In particular, proof of preferential origin of goods should be provided. The most important necessary information for exporters and importers can be found in the document below.
Burkhard Eling takes up role of CEO at DACHSER
On January 1, Burkhard Eling became Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Spokesperson of the Executive Board of logistics provider DACHSER. He heads the Corporate Strategy, Human Resources, Marketing executive unit, which also includes Corporate Key Account Management and the Corporate Governance & Compliance division. Eling succeeds Bernhard Simon, who will take over as Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the family-owned company in mid-2021.
The new DACHSER magazine is here!
As the year draws to a close, many of us use this time to look back and reflect, but also to prepare ourselves for the new challenges of the future. And that’s exactly what we’ve done in the latest issue of the DACHSER magazine.
For a sustainable society: More and more NGOs are taking action around the world
In the course of globalisation, internationally networked non-governmental organisations or NGOs are playing an increasingly important role. DACHSER’s partnership with children’s aid organisation terre des hommes demonstrates how a company can support an NGO over the long term.
DACHSER to supply Prague via pedelec
DACHSER is launching a pilot project in the Czech Republic to supply the Prague city centre with an electrically supported cargo bike. The newly built micro-hub "Depot.Bike" at the Florenc subway station is being used for this purpose.
Dachser’s response to the UK’s dynamic retail sourcing patterns
The notions of supply chain dynamics have never been so complex as those currently experienced by much of the retail sector. Through a combination of well-established North African services and new network extension in Turkey and Eastern Europe, logistics provider Dachser stands ready to help UK retailers cope.
Outstanding: DACHSER wins the One Eaton Supplier Premier Award 2020
The award for best transport partner was presented during the Eaton Virtual Global SCM Supplier Conference.