SD TT Liaison Officer
With 30,609 employees and 399 branches worldwide, we are one of the largest logistics service providers in Europe. Our corporate strategy, adaptability to the market and above all the commitment and experience of our employees have made our growth in the global logistics market possible.
We are looking for a SD TT Liaison Officer for our Northampton branch to liaise between office and transit terminal to minimise discrepancies as well as maximise load yields and efficiencies. The aim of the role is to streamline processes by auctioning either office or transit terminal functions in real time. The role involves providing assistance and adhering to local production quality control tools to maximise profit, improve service and contribute to the strategic vision pf the branch.
- Overseeing the loading and unloading practice in the transit terminal, ensuring loads are safe.
- Overseeing of activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of consignments both inbound and outbound.
- Arbitrating disputes between SD dispatch or debrief and transit terminal regarding loading and unloading preparation.
- Actively controling discrepancies in collections and resolving problems quickly.
- Acting as an ear for the drivers and transit terminal staff.
- Ensuring that drivers concerns are addressed.
- Ensuring compliance and standard operating procedures.
- Sharing responsibility for load yields and seamless SD inbound to minimise administration and maximise profit.
- Working closely with the TT supervisors in order to find efficiencies, implement new processes, monitor performance and record recurring problems to ensure that targets are met.
- Regularly using PQC reports for transit times, flow rate and damaged deliveries.
- Briefing pre-shift and end of shift.
- Continuously communicating effectively via email, telephone etc.
- Assisting with both planning or loading/ unloading when required.
- Supporting transit terminal with stock counts.
- Provide absence cover – holidays and sickness within office and TT.
- Bay management and trailer movements/ shunting and moving Rigids.
- Administering daily tours and drivers folders whilst also monitoring the quality of tours.
- Responsibility on shift for customer and inbound electronic data interchange (EDI) as well as other data that presents itself during the shift.
Who are you:
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Highly adaptable with a flexible approach.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to listen and understand situations from others perspectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- High customer service orientation with a passion for delivering quality
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and adapt working day around issues that need to be resolved.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer and IT skills.
- Conflict resolution skills with diplomacy and tact.
- Resilience to working under pressure.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an MHE operational environment or similar.
What we offer:
If you are looking for a varied and responsible position in an international company then you are in the right place. We are a successful, innovative family company that offers employees progressive career prospects and secure jobs.
Are you interested:
If you are interested in this interesting and versatile function and have the qualifications and skills we are looking for, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send via email to the following address:
Human Resource Officer
Closing date: 2nd October 2020.